Monday, November 4, 2013

Okinawa is da bomb

Ohaiyogozaimasu!

O genki desu ka?? How is everyone doing? Whats fall like? It was hot again this week but also a little rainy. We still don't have to wear sweaters yet though. A few times throughout the week we used the AC but it was nice during the other days just to open the windows and enjoy Okinawa in October/November. 

So this week we had so many miracles!! Thank you for all your prayers going out for our investigators. We met with two new investigators we found last week and had great lessons. One of them is named Naoko. She is Christian and met the missionaries 5 years ago and had interest but one thing lead to another and she stop investigating. We had a lesson scheduled with her on last Saturday and planned to teach the Restoration but she called us and had to reschedule because her uncle passed away. We felt we needed to teach her about the Plan of Salvation. So on Tuesday we met with her and found out that 5 years ago her parents also passed away and the only family she has left was her older sister. We taught her the plan of salvation and told her that she could be with her family again someday. She was so happy and shared her desire to see her family again. We told her how we all are God's children so we are sisters! She loved that and loves to be called Naoko Shimai. At the end of the lesson we invited her to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized. She had some concerns and said she couldn't commit to a date but we promised blessing and reassured her and invited her again. After the third round of testifying, promising and committing, we commited to be baptized on a specific date! Please pray for her. There may be some really hard things she will have to go through in order to be converted but we will be with her and I know this is what Heavenly Father wants for her so He will provide a way. (Naoko came to church!)

We also taught a new investigator Kanae. We found her streeting one day and set a return appointment because she wanted to learn more about Christ. She has been going to a 7th day church but has never been baptized. We taught her the restoration of the gospel and she seemed to take in it! She is excited to learn more! We committed her to be baptized on a specific date as well! Since, we have taught her the plan of salvation and she has attended a ward/eikaiwa party and loves church!

WE SET A DATE WITH MIKIKO AS WELL!!!!!!! THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS A MIRACLE AND I THANK YOU!

We taught another new investigator who is AMERICAN! We found her on the street and my companion said, "We have a present for you!" She said, "Really? Because it's my Birthday!" We gave her a Book of Mormon and she said that she thinks its a gift from God! Her dad and all her brothers are Catholic. She was raised in the Philippines. When we went to our follow-up appointment she had laminated the cover to her Book of Mormon and read from the very first page all through the witnesses through 1 Nephi. She had highlighted it all and had a page of questions for us. We taught about the promise of the Book of Mormon that if you read, ponder and pray then the Lord with answer your prayer. She was more accepting that I thought she would be but appreciated my testimony when I told her about Catholic school and building my testimony of Jesus Christ there. She is one of the sweetest women I have ever met and I cant wait to teach her again. 

Also, when I was in my first area, Naha, one day a cute pair of 20 year old girls came to Eikaiwa (English Class)! I remember it was June 26, a day before my birthday. Their names are Mako and Akiho. We talked to them after about our church and gave them a little church tour. We ended in the baptismal font room and told them about baptism and invited them to be baptized. They accepted! We began to teach them but it was a very long process because they were young and still liked to party and their desire to read the Book of Mormon at that time wasnt very strong. But we loved them and they continued to come to Eikaiwa. As we taught them their desire increased. I remember asking Mako about the Book of Mormon and she told me she prayed about it and thought it was true! But before I knew it I was transferred out of there and didn't here much about them! But a few weeks ago I heard they were being baptized! And it just happened to be on the day we had to go down to Naha for zone conference so guess what?!?!? I GOT TO GO TO THEIR BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have progressed so much! They are incredible girls and I love them!

Zone Conference was incredible and the baptism just made it the best day ever! I sang at their baptism and they were grateful I was able to be there as well :) I love our mission president so much. He really care and loves us. He wants to make sure we are converted and strong and that we understand our purpose as missionaries not just numbers. Mission presidents wife told us that they save the Okinawa zone conference for last. She told us how they put a lot of trust in us because we are far far away 1000 plus miles to be exact! The bus ride there and back was an adventure. Its crazy that the loud intercom on the busses are starting to make sense to me, not just meaningless noise anymore.

We have an English Class Halloween party and so many people came!! We found a young high school girl who wants to learn more about the gospel!!

One more mini miracle. We have been visiting this less active old lady for a long time. We always invite her to church and she lives SOO CLOSE but she has bad knees so she always says she cant come. We have been praying about her and trying to help her come to church for soo long. But THIS WEEK we told her I was going to sing in sacrament meeting. She said she wanted to go! So in the morning we got the wheelchair from the church and walked to her house. She brought her in on her wheel chair and ward members were so happy to her again. Afterwards she said it was so fun and wanted to come again next week!!!

Anyway, my time is out. I love you all. I love being a missionary. I know God is aware of our wants and needs. She spent us to this Earth to learn and grow. I know families can be together for eternity. I am grateful for the Jesus Christ and His atoning sacrifice. He lives and He is at the head of this church!

I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment