Sunday, November 3, 2013

Konnichiwa Kazoku!!

Aishitemasu!!!!! I love you! How are things going? I wanna hear from you all! If you want a super cute handwritten letter on Japanese stationary, send me a letter!! Email is fine!! It finally doesn't feel like summer anymore! But we still blasting the AC! We have had from tropical storms that have really cooled down the weather!

This week was great! In our mission we have this thing called Lesson Mastery. Its kind of like Young Women's personal progress, or scripture mastery. But we have to pass off PMG lesson 1-5 in Japanese. You have to pass them off 3 times, a short, medium, then long lesson for each. You have to get them in a certain time, hit all the points, and have close to perfect Japanese. When you finish you lesson mastery you get a Japan Fukuoka Mission pin. So since I have been so new and my Japanese is so fresh I wasn't really focusing too much on lesson mastery but this week I passed off another lesson! So I have 3 of the short lessons done and like a million more to go but getting closer. Dad you once told me an old Chinese proverb that I find myself saying all the time, "The journey of a thousand miles starts with one step." I don't know if that's exactly right, but I say it all the time! We always have a lot of growing to do and sometimes it can seem overwhelming, but we just need to take one step at a time and rely on the Lord!

We have a super cool miracle at the beginning of the week. We had a plan to do some service but it got cancelled last minute due to a storm so we had a huge chunk of time open. We went out and did housing/tracting for like an hour and we weren't having much success. It was storming like crazy so we decided to run back to the apartment to get our rain suits. When we got back we decided to look through our area book and try to go find an former investigator. We called a lady who took the lessons from the sisters 2 years ago and had a baptismal date and like all the lessons. She answered and we asked if we could come over in 30 minutes. She invited us over. A series of miracles followed. First of all, we were safe in the crazy storms on our bikes. Then we got to the area where her house would be but the streets here aren't labeled and none of the houses in this area had numbers. So we were pretty stuck, but we asked a lady for help. She had GPS on her phone and helped us out. Then she was so nice and got in her car and we followed her on our bikes to the house. Then we started talking to her about who we are and what we do. She was super interested in our Free English class and said she would come. Then we called the Former Investigator because we still weren't sure where exactly she lived. She came out and got us. She invited us in and we started to get to know her. I don't have time to explain everything but, it turns our she is our zone leader's older brothers mother-in-law!!! And they have been teaching her recently. She was shocked that we hadn't talked to the elders about her. We just testified that Heavenly Father loved her so much that he sent us to her door to tell her. There must be so many prayers going up to heaven in her behalf to send us there as well. We taught her about eternal families and temples. Since her daughter is a member, she has heard a little about temples. After we finished she asked how we can go into the temple. We talked and testified of baptism. IT WAS SUCH A MIRACLE!! I love moments where you cannot doubt that you are being used as an instrument in the Lord's hands. When we told the elders they were shocked and so happy! Keep this woman in your prayers as she now has a baptismal date :)

Also this week we had splits with the sister training leaders who are incredible!!! Its my trainer Black Shimai and Latu Shimai. Who are both incredible missionaries.  I was pared with Black Shimai who I love so much. Her testimony strengthens mine! We started out the day with great benkyo (study) then we went out to work even though it was raining and windy! We taught a lesson, followed up with a referral and contacting so many people. Black Shimai asks almost every person that will listen to be baptized. I asked her why and she said that when you have an understanding of the doctrine of Jesus Christ, why wouldn't you ask everyone! In our contacts she would talk to people about heaven and what kind of people they thought would go to heaven. It really got people thinking. At one point during the day the weather was getting bad and a car didnt see Black Shimai and hit her while she was on her bike. It was just a bump and everything was okay, but the lady got out of the car to see if everything was okay and Black Shimai assured her she was fine and then immediately started asking her about God and her beliefs. BLACK SHIMAI IS SO AWESOME!! SO anyways after all that and another scary contact, I was feeling a little anxiety. I was happy to be out talking to people but I was just feeling a little tense. I told that to Black Shimai. She said, "Lets say a prayer" we pulled our bikes over and said a quick prayer. Afterward we just started working again and before I knew it, I felt peace. Then soon after, we stopped a lady and I was teaching her how to pray. I testified that when you pray, you feel peace. I felt the spirit SO strong because I had JUST had an experience that made my testimony of that stronger. Tears started to swell in my eyes as I testified to that lady on the street that through prayer we can feel God's love. This junkai (splits) was incredible. Just me and Black Shimai alone found 3 new investigators and filled our schedules with appointments! 

One last experience happened on Saturday. Hawkins Shimai and I stopped a girl on the street. We started talking about the purpose of life. I pulled out a Book Of Mormon and turned to 2 Nephi 2:25. "...men are that they might have joy." we testified that through the Book of Mormon you could find answers to lifes questions and find direction in your life. She loved that! When we told her we wanted to give her the Book of Mormon her eyes lite up. She wants to meet with us again and she said she would start reading the Book of Mormon! 

OH and a lady we met last week and gave a Book of Mormon came to church with her husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are teaching her this week!!!!! She HAS BEEN READING THE BOOK OF MORMON EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!!!

The church is true. People aren't perfect, but the gospel is. I love being a missionary!!

I love you all and appreciate your love and prayers,

No comments:

Post a Comment