Monday, July 22, 2013

Two Sister Blacks


Konnichiwa!!

What a wonderful week!! We got our new companion.........KUROKI SHIMAI!! (黒木 This is the Kanji for her name and it means Black Tree (kuroi means black) so one of my companions is Sister Black the other is Sister Black Tree haha) Yep!!! She is Japanese! She is from Ibaraki-ken which is near Tokyo (ish). She went to BYU-Hawaii so she actually speaks English very well! She plays basketball too! We are planning on playing basketball with a young woman in our ward and her non-member friends! We are also going to play basketball in the mornings occasionally for exercise! YAAYY!! Street contacting with 3 can be a little awkward but having a Nihonjin is AWESOME! We speak WAYY more Japanese now just around the apartment and I can already feel my Japanese getting better! She is so sweet and an incredible missionary! 

KAMIZATO SHIMAI WAS BAPTIZED!! I just love her so much!! I am grateful for the opportunity I had to teach her and be a small part of this, guiding her to the truth. She bore her testimony too!! She said that she is going to read her scriptures, pray, obey the commandments because of the difference it makes in her life. She said she knew her sins are forgiven. Then at the close of the meeting her 5 year old daughter said the closing prayer!!! (with help from Kinjo Shimai her friend in the ward) I could tell Kamizato Shimai was really touched by that. At the end of the meeting I went to thank Kinjo Shimai. She has done SOOOO much for us to help Kamizato Shimai. She has jointed lessons, given rides, hosted FHEs, sat by her in Church, led her to classes, helped with her children, given her scriptures, and her husband performed the baptism AND the list goes on. So I started to thank her and began to tear up, my language is still not very good so I couldnt really express how grateful I really was, but as I thanked her the spirit was so strong, she started to tear up too. I hugged her and said Thank You in English. She knew that was really coming from my heart. I love KINJO SHIMAI!! She is in the picture with her family! (Kamizato Shimai was looking down!! Ahhh!!)
 
 
Its amazing how important morning study is and the Lord will provide a way for you to use what you learned that VERY same day!! So on Saturday morning during companionship study we were role playing introducing the モルモン書(Book of Mormon)and asking the investigator to read the last two paragraphs of the intro and inviting them to read, ponder, and pray about the Book of Mormon. So I bet you see where this is going...haha...........I DID IT ON THE STREET LIKE AN HOUR LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so grateful for that practice! I had confidence as I spoke and knew what I was going to say!!!

Sunday we had another miracle! Kamizato Shimai was confirmed and we had another investigator there. Then after sacrament meeting a lady came into the church. She had a lot of interest so we started talking to her. We gave her a little church tour and ended in the sacrament meeting room. There we listened to her story, and taught her part of the first lesson. She has had a very hard life, suffering with an abusive husband. She loved the fact that we were volunteers and she said she wants to do the same! She gladly accepted our message. Following the promptings of the spirit, we invited her to be baptized. Her eyes started to shine and she accepted! We set a date for the end of August. Her name is Uemura San. 

Things are going well in Naha! I think its getting even hotter! For the first time in my life I could see a purpose using those sweat head band things. Sweat mixed with sunscreen in your eyes is not fun. But I love it! I love Okinawa! I never want to transfer! Thank you for all your prayers! Keep praying to have missionary experiences your self! If you dont know how, contact the missionaries in your area and tell them you want to help! They would LOVE THAT!! 
I know that the God hears and answers our prayers. He knows each of us individually and loves us!He is our Heavenly Father, He wants to hear from us. And I want to hear from you too!! hehe I love letters :)

Until Next Week!!

Love,
Capener Shimai
ケイプナー姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment