Monday, September 1, 2014

Month 17th and Counting

KONNICHIWA!!!!!!!!

This week was CRAZY!!! I hit my 17 month mark in 2 days...now that's super weird..but I love my beautiful home here in TANIYAMA! (Mosiah 18:30) We had interviews with Kaicho (Prez) and I am due for a new temple reccommend so was interviewed for that as well. I was shocked when he started asking me the questions and ask I answered with honesty, I just started crying. The spirit was so strong. It was so cool to be on the other side of the table. We had just been preparing the Yamashitas for their interview for baptism but it was my turn now! THIS CHURCH IS SO TRUE! Please pray for Mayu san. She has been cancelling appointments lately and its been hard to meet. I dont think she will be able to make her baptismal date for next weekend but it can happen soon! SHE NEEDS YOUR PRAYERS!

Instead of my normal e-mail about this week I want to share the story of the Yamashita Family:

2 years ago and member of our branch gave the mother of one of his junior high school students a pass-along card, and continued to build a friendship with their family. 2 years passed and our branch was holding an Open House as advised by our mission president. This member was very involved in the planning and decided to invite his former student and her family to our church activity. Thats where we came in. At the open house, near the end, I sat by Yamashita san and started talking with her. Although we didnt really know each other I asked for her phone number to keep in contact. She asked me, "Will i have to join your church? Because I have no interest in that?" We exchanged numbers and invited them to church the next day. Surprisingly to me, they came to church and sat in the very front row. They stayed all 3 hours PLUS and extra 30 minutes for a branch meeting about an upcoming temple trip! THEY LOVED IT! The mom didnt have interest in meeting but we set up an appt with the 16 year old daughter to bake brownies and share a message. In that lesson we invited her to be baptized and she said yes! The following week the mom attended the lesson and we planned to invite them to be baptized on a specific date. When we asked them, the mom asked the member joint, "Does that mean we have to join the church?" I had lost all hope, was sad and frustrated and had made up my mind to NOT commit them to a date. BUT the joint strongly prompted me to testify and commit and testify again. So we did and the accepted!! Since then they have progressed like wildfire! Yamashita san quicked ordered her own triple, bible and Liahona subscribtion. They both love reading and marking their scriptures! They were able to attend another baptism and felt the spirit so strongly! The mom said, "I am so excited to be baptized!" After so many prayers and fellowshipping from the branch they were baptized, mom and daughter on August 30! 

I feel so blessed to have a small part in this miracle. The baptismal service was the most spiritual one I have been to in my life! After the baptism Yamashita bore her testimony fighting back tears and she told how her husband had lost his job and then she met us and prayed, as she had been taught, that he would find work. And HE DID! THIS CHURCH IS SO TRUE!!!
Alma 26:29-30, 35-36
 29 And we have entered into their houses and taught them, and we have taught them in theistreets; yea, and we have taught them upon their hills; anwe have also entered into their temples and their synagogues and taught them; and we havbeen cast out,and mocked, anspit upon, and smote upon oucheeks; and we have been stonedand taken and bound with strong cords, and cast into prison; and through the power anwisdom of God we have been delivered again.
 30 And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some souland we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some.
35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, say unto you, there never were men that had sgreat reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all powerall wisdom, and all understanding;he comprehendeth all things, and he is merciful Being, eveunto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on hiname.
 36 Now if this is boastingeven so will boast; for this is my life and my light, my joand my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in strange land; yea, say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in strange land.
Thank you for all your prayers and support!! I am filled with joy!! Being a missionary is the best ;)
Love,
Capener Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment