Sunday, December 8, 2013

Light helps us find our way

Kazoku!

The beginning of this week my bike seat like completely broke. I realized that it was right  around my bike's 6 month birthday (haha) which explains a lot. I think on my whole mission there have only been one or two days I have gone WITHOUT riding that bike. But with the help of some awesome handy elders we fixed it and were able to get home in time for cerfew. 

I love Okinawa weather. We still just wear a sweater and around noon when the sun is out we can take off our sweaters! This is the best winter ever! But hearing Christmas music in this weather is strange. I do miss the beautiful white snow with the Christmas music playing. I MISS CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!!!!!! We just dont have any and its really sad, but i think its too late to send so dont worry. But I just love Christmas music so much!!

Ok, sorry I am rambling on about silly things.

We had a great lesson with a new investigator, Risa, and a members house. This member is American but her neighbor is Japanese. Even with the language barrier, she befriended her and invited her to free english class. For the past few months they have been going together. She has a brand new baby too! We invited her to our baptism a few weeks ago and she loved it! So we taught her the first lesson and it went very well! She has no Christian background, like most everyone, but she likes Christianity a lot. She wants to know what she should teach her baby son. 

There is a girl in our ward who is leaving for her mission in Nagoya in less than 2 weeks. She has helped us a bit with lesson and investigators which has been awesome. We found an extra bike for her a she got to practice riding a bike in a skirt! She is gonna be a great! It was so fun!!

SO our cute high school aged investigator, YUKI, is doing awesome!! She has such a desire to learn more! Keep her in your prayers. We set a tentative baptismal date with her for the end of January. She has such great faith! She loves to practice her English so she always says, "I want to learn about Mormon" meaning the Book of Mormon or more about about church!! I feel so close to her!! Its so cool, I feel like we've been friends forever!!

Takizawa san, we have been teaching her for a while now and she is very slowly progressing. We are now meeting her at the church for lessons which is a HUGE progress! She has grown so much over the last few months. She used to never look into our eyes and now she does! She is brighter! Pray for her!!

We had a cool experience yesterday where we found a family to teach!! (more info to come next week)

We found a cool guy from India a few weeks ago who speaks only a little bit of Japanese and a little English. We ordered a Hindu BofM and gave it to him!! He was so happy to get it!

So I didn't mention it the last few weeks but I was asked to speak in the Japanese Ginowan Stake Conference! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In Japanese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For 20 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

So anyway, it happened...haha I studied for two weeks straight and got some help from members to help translate. Our president was there too so that added to the pressure. I talked about light and related it to the gospel. Like when we don't have light in our lives we feel cold and alone. We can't see where we are going, but when we have light we feel warm, comforted and can see where we are going. I also talked about dad serving in Tokyo 35 years ago! I teared up as I told everyone how he taught be to love the people of Japan. I expressed my love for them all and bore my testimony of God's love for them. (I have no time as a missionary and Dad I know you're busy too but I could send you the talk in Japanese and you could translate it back for people to read.. Anyway I don't have a lot of time today!) I related it all to missionary work and encouraged people to share the light with their friends! I promised them as they shared the gospel with their friends the light of the gospel would shine forth in their eyes! I love these people so much! 

And I say the same to you!! I love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment