Saturday, May 11, 2013

Week 5

Mina san Konnichiwa!

This week was crazy with the entire new schedule. I don't even know what number this e-mail is?? We normally have p-days on tuesdays but it got moved to Saturday! Going that long without a P-day was exhausting!! Along with this new schedule we have breakfast at 6:45 lunch at 11:10 and dinner at 4:10!! SOOO EARLY!! Then we are in class till like 8:00 and stay in the classroom until 9:30. So by the end of the day we are hungry! Thanks for all the packages from Grandma Bean, Aunt Mer and Mom! They really mean so much to me! I also got a box full of chocolates! It didn't say on the box who is was from so I would love to know! Mom, thanks so much for the clothes! They fit perfectly and I absolutely love them. Dear Elders are amazing! Thanks for all who send and please send more! I also wanted to make a shout out to my friend Jana Wutzke who is getting married today, I doubt she see this but I love her.

Like a mentioned last week we have a new teacher Fowers Sensei. WE ALL LOVE HIM!! He is so fun and keeps us awake and entertained the whole time. If we are looking sleepy he makes us all stand up and play the Japanese version of the game Rock, Paper, Scissors. (Jan, ken, po) You can also tell that he was an awesome missionary and continues to do missionary work in every way that he can. We also love our other teacher Clark Sensei. She just radiates the light of the gospel and her love for us! We teach both of them as investigators for practice. Our Japanese is improving more and more each day. I can't believe how much I've learned in the past few weeks.

Everyday is physically and mentally exhausting. I've never slept so well sitting in my life. Everyday we do an hour of language study on the computer. It takes every ounce my self control to say awake during that hour. When I go to bed at night I pass out in like 2 minutes. My fellow shimaitachi (Sisters) are always jealous on how fast I fall asleep.
Here in the MTC I see a lot of people I know. Mostly from BYU but also some people from Illinois! I saw Andrew from Galesburg. I can't remember his last name right now but he has the same lunch times as I do. My BYU roommate Alex Land is just about to leave for Sweden and my fellow RA Fran Djoukeng (sp?) is about to leave for Belgium!

This week I lost my SD card converter. I have a micro SD card and in order to send pictures I need a full sized SD card. I bought mine for the less than $10 before my mission on amazon. So if anyone wants to do that for me I would really appreciate it.

This week my motto has been "Be the missionary you want to become" I just want to start now and keep it a habit throughout the whole mission. There are times where you can wast time and slack off but we have to remember that this is the Lord's time and we are on His errand.

What kind of things do you want to know about the MTC? About what I do? My weeks are pretty much the same. Good, but the same :)

The MTC is a wonderful place where the spirit can dwell. I feel like my mission hasn't really begun yet. I want to be teaching people and contacting people on the street. I can get frustrated with the language when I know what I want to say in English but can't in Japanese. But I have faith that through Christ I can do hard things. I know, that through Christ, I can learn Japanese. I know, that through Christ, I can find people who are prepared to hear the gospel. I know, that through Christ, I'll be able to ride 12+ miles a day on a bike in a skirt. More than ever before I know the importance of faith in Jesus Christ. As we learn more about the doctrine of Christ I realized its simplicity but also is vital importance! Faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. That is the doctrine of Christ. I invite you all to ponder the Doctrine of Christ and apply it to your life. Read 2 Nephi 31 and challenge yourself to be more Christlike in all areas of your life.

I love being a missionary. Every minute and every second of my day is dedicated to the Lord. I know that the only way to receive salvation is through Christ! He lives and I love him! I'm humbled to be one of His representatives. Pray for the people of Japan! That their hearts will be softened and will be ready to receive the gospel! More missionaries than ever before are heading to Japan in the next few months!

D&C 4:1 "Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men."
D&C 4:4-5 "For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul. And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work."

I know that a marvelous work is coming forth among the children of men. All across the world families are prepared and ready to receive the gospel. I"m grateful to be apart of this work.

I love you all so much and appreciate your support and love!

Love,
Sister Capener

No comments:

Post a Comment